Thursday 5 July 2012

A Word To The Wise....

My first foray into make-up began as a 13 year old, numerous presents from a non make-up wearing mum bought me lots of pretty palettes and lovely colours to play with an learn to apply.
This sparked an interest that has never left me and I still get a thrill when buying new cosmetics. As a teen I favoured Collection 2000, Rimmel and Natural Collection, cheap and affordable with pocket money.

As I got older so did the cosmetics, favouring Max Factor, L'Oreal and Revlon. Payday was spent perusing the aisles in Boots for new buys, and my heaving make-up collection grew and grew.

Since my late twenties I discovered the beauty counters, and well, that was that! My heart was smitten by the quality, pigmentation, quality and the lasting effect of these wonderful wonders.

I still use so called drugstore brands but my cosmetics selection is about 80% high end now.

Trouble is with the rise in these great brands has also sparked a rise in more sinister practices - Fakes!
Fakes are 10 a penny, so many high end brands have fakes, the most prevalent being MAC, Benefit and OPI.

They may seem a bargain but OPI pride themselves on being 3 free, which means no formaldehyde, no toluene and no DBP (dibutly phthlatate) but how do you know the fakes don't contain these?

What about the fakes you put on your face? Many of these are found to have dangerous levels of lead in them, now think of where you put these, near your eyes and on your lips. Is it really worth the risks?

If something on ebay for instance looks too good to be true it probably is, or a market is selling so called high end brands for cheap as chips prices the let your head question why it is so cheap? Chances are it is a big fat fake!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4411397/Conwoman-Leanne-Wertheim-makes-25000-selling-poisonous-slap.html

No comments:

Post a Comment