Thursday 18 August 2011

Nails, nails nails





Make-up time. Mainly nail polish! Now I do not wear make-up on a daily basis, even if I am leaving the house. Apart from a few scars and the odd teenage breakout (at 31! thanks!) I think my skin is ok, although I hate hate hate my ruddy farmers wife cheeks!

Anyhoo, nails. My nails are NEVER bare. I am aware in some beauty circles this is a crime, but why would slightly yellow nails bother me when I have them covered all the time?

Now, I am not quite sure on my skin tone anymore! Facially I used to be more pinky, but now I have a tan (yuck!) I seem to suit warmer shades. The same is for my hands too, they have taken on a yellowish tone, as opposed to blue. But I still like to mix it up with a wide range of colours.

So this is my first nail review!


Don't be fooled by the colour on the website.This is not purple. It is black shot through with purple shimmer. It takes on an almost inky blue after 2 fairly thick coats. The brush is a pain, very thin. But this is not a problem for me, been doing my nails for y

ears and am used to all sorts!

I find these some of the best, hard wearing 'high street' polishes. No chips, and often I get nail regrowth at the cuticle before any tip wear. As my nails grow quickly this is usually after 5-6 days.



Here are some pics. In
this light you can see the purple shimmer.


Whereas the bottom two pics seem to have the inky blue tones visible.

No comments:

Post a Comment